Register | Entry Fees | Changing Distances | Bib Transfers | Rules
As with all The Active Joe races, bib numbers are assigned in order of signup, so the lowest numbers for those most enthusiastic who sign up first!
You are also given the chance to request your top 3 "lucky" bib numbers. If not already claimed, I'll give you the first one of those listed that I can!
Mail-in registration is not available.
This race has a limit of 300 total participants. Emphasis will be on the longer distances so shorter distances may close temporarily if they fill too fast to allow certain percentages in each distance. Some swag as we get closer to race day will be limited to the first X that sign up in that distance once orders are placed.
We understand that LIFE HAPPENS! Note that, unlike a lot of races, this race offers a refund policy (described below) and even refunds if you downgrade your distance (also described below). You may also go up in distance up until the start of the race (also described below). So there is no downside for committing to your goal now!
100 Mile -
- $175 until Friday, October 21, 11:59 pm Central time
- $185 after that until race day
50 Mile -
- $100 until Friday, October 21, 11:59 pm Central time
- $110 after that until race day
- $80 until Friday, October 21, 11:59 pm Central time
- $90 after that until race day
Half Marathon -
- $70 until Friday, October 21, 11:59 pm Central time
- $80 after that until race day
All prices subject to change.
Refunds can be requested if you find your plans change.
Refunds are subject to a $15 Administration Fee before August 1st.
Refunds are subject to a $25 Administration Fee August 1st through August 31st.
Refunds are subject to a $35 Administration Fee September 1st to September 30th.
No refunds will be processed after October 1st.
See dropping down distances ahead of time below for info on refunds for downgrading your distance and receiving a refund before October 1st.
Want to transfer your race entry to a friend? Bib transfers will be allowed until October 1st and will be subject to a $15 Administration Fee. NO TRANSFERS ALLOWED ON RACE DAY. If we've already committed the available swag (like shirts), your friend taking your bib gets whatever sizes/stuff you signed up for (no switches).
If you want to switch distances before your race starts, email us if before Wednesday, October 28, or come find me at the race start/finish at packet pickup and runner check-in time pre-race, and we'll verify we have the swag and finisher gear to support it, and we'll approve it.
If upgrading distances, you will just need to pay the difference between the price you paid for your original distance and the current price at the time of the request for your new distance.
If downgrading distances and the lower distance costs less than you paid, you can get a refund for the difference minus the admin fee shown above in the refund schedule.
If downgrading distances and the lower distance now costs more than when you originally paid, you will owe the difference, but no fees.
Refunds for distance downgrades will only be granted until October 1st.
If you drop down midrace to a shorter distance than you initially signed up for, then you will not have an official finish in the shorter distance. Dropping midrace will result in a DNF (Did Not Finish). We all have bad days. It's okay. If you want to switch distances ahead of time, talk to us (or email us), we'll verify we have the swag and finisher gear to support it, and we'll approve it BEFORE your race starts.
We will offer a wait list for those who didn't get in if the race sells out early. Depending on when you get pulled off the wait list if a spot opens up, your swag (like shirt and other stuff) options may be limited or you may not receive some of it. We do not overorder stuff.
- No dogs or strollers are allowed on the race course for the safety of all.
- Runners and walkers are both welcome, as long as you can finish by the time limit.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including in the case of inclement weather.
- No refunds will be granted if you downgrade at any time.
- This is a private event, so unregistered participants are not allowed. "Banditting" (as this action is referred to) is frowned upon in the running community and unfair to the runners who paid for the opportunity to participate. Race entry fees go for a lot more than water on a course, medals at the finish line, and a shirt in your race packet. It also exposes an event to serious liability risk. It stresses race resources that were calibrated for the sold-out number of participants and therefore can put other participants', the paid participants, health or safety at risk. Those who bandit any portion of the race may be banned from future events by The Active Joe.
- Note that it is never okay to allow someone else to use your bib without a proper bib transfer arranged with the Race Director. This can lead to serious liability and medical risks in the chance of emergency and jeopardize the future of the event for everyone.
- Our primary goal is to provide a safe event for participants, volunteers, and the community alike. If something arises that threatens that safety, then a) the event will be altered as it is reasonably possible without stressing other resources, b) the events may be delayed during the morning, or c) the event may be canceled. The event can not be rescheduled for another date due to resource availability in the event of cancelation.
- Event shirts not picked up at packet pickup or race day will not be mailed.